Welcome to the Sanhedrin Chapter of the California Native Plant Society serving Inland Mendocino and Lake Counties.
We have a New Meeting Space for Sanhedrin CNPS Programs, Speakers and Meetings!
We have rented the Ukiah Garden Club House at 1203 W. Clay Street, Ukiah for the year and are happy to affiliate with this local gardening organization.
Our first program, Native Plant Gardening for the Drought, a special presentation by Ken Montgomery on October 16th, was informative and well-attended.
Upcoming Field Trips and Events
Sanhedrin Chapter Field Trips
We are busy planning field trips and will post the new schedule soon. Field trips are free and open to members and non-members. Beginners and botanists are invited to attend and learn more about the flora of Mendocino and Lake Counties.
Ukiah Garden Club Hosts Two Events on Gardening with Native Plants*
April 8, 2015* Landscaping with California Native Plants 12:30 p.m. Presenter: Jerry Shaul
Jerry, who has been a garden club member for the past 39 years, has served as California NativeFlora Chairman during much of this time. As a result of the severe drought period of the 1970's he decided to landscape his 2 acres with drought tolerant plants—particularly those native to Lake County. He will tell us about the Dos and Don'ts of putting native plants under cultivation.
April 15, 2015* Tour of Jerry and Jo Shaul's Native Plant Garden outside Lakeport. Carpool leaves at 9:30 a.m. at the clubhouse.
*Contact the Ukiah Garden Club for information on attending.
CNPS Statewide Field Trips
Rare Plant Treasure Hunt events calendar.
The Sanhedrin Chapter now has native plant books & posters
Native Plant and Garden Books for Sale:
- California Native Gardening: A Month by Month Guide
- California Native Plants for the Garden
- California Wildlife Habitat Garden
- Oaks of California
- Reimagining the California Lawn
- Wildflowers of Northern California's Wine Country and North Coast Ranges
And Native Plant Posters:
- CNPS California Wildflower Posters:
- Spring Wildflowers, Coast Wildflowers, Redwood Forest, Desert, Sierra Nevada, and Shrubs of the Coast Ranges
- CNPS Grass Poster Placemat sets, laminated (4 per set)