Welcome to the Sanhedrin Chapter of the California Native Plant Society serving Inland Mendocino and Lake Counties.
We have a New Meeting Space for Sanhedrin CNPS Programs & Speakers!
We have rented the Ukiah Garden Club House at 1203 W. Clay Street, Ukiah for the year and are happy to affiliate with this local gardening organization.
Our first program, Native Plant Gardening for the Drought, a special presentation by Ken Montgomery on October 16th, was informative and well-attended.
Upcoming Field Trips and Events
Sanhedrin Chapter Field Trips
Field trips are free and open to members and non-members. Beginners and botanists are invited to attend and learn more about the flora of Mendocino and Lake Counties.
- Plant Habitat Walk in Low Gap Park - Sunday November 9, 2014. Meet 10 am at picnic table near tennis courts. Learn how two major geological units in the park show how the Coast Ranges were formed and see the different plant habitats growing on them. Several minor rock habitats will be pointed out and most local types of rocks identified. About 3 hours easy walk. Leader: Chuck Williams (707) 462-8984.
Other Local Events
- Sara Guerrero on California's Native Bees - Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 7PM in the Ukiah City Council Chambers. Sara Leon Guerrero, a native of Anderson Valley, will talk about the research at the UC Berkeley Urban Bee Lab founded by Dr. Gordon Frankie. Their goal is to document and explore the diversity of native bees from Northern to Southern California. Does a flower type in a garden in Ukiah attract the same kinds of bees as the same flower in a garden in Santa Barbara and beyond? Do the same bees in southern California prefer the same flowers as the same bees in northern California? This will be a chance for us to learn how to participate in this recovery by making changes in the way we garden.
CNPS Statewide Field Trips
Rare Plant Treasure Hunt events calendar.
The Sanhedrin Chapter now has native plant books & posters
Native Plant Books for Sale:
- California Native Gardening: A Month by Month Guide
- California Native Plants for the Garden
- California Wildlife Habitat Garden
- Oaks of California
- Wildflowers of Northern California's Wine Country and North Coast Ranges
And Native Plant Posters:
- CNPS California Wildflower Posters:
- Spring Wildflowers, Coast Wildflowers, Redwood Forest, Desert, Sierra Nevada, and Shrubs of the Coast Ranges
- CNPS Grass Poster Placemat sets, laminated (4 per set)
Join our Email List
Read our latest newsletter on the Newsletter Page